Amsterdam is famous for it’s tulip flowers but of course the flowers don’t grow in the city centre of Amsterdam. The flower farms are located in the countryside nearby Amsterdam. You will find them in on the south-west of Amsterdam and in the North of Amsterdam.
There are two kinds of flower farms in the Netherlands. A farm can grow flower bulbs or just the flowers. The first sells the flower bulbs all over the world for gardeners who love to plant flower bulbs and enjoy a colorful garden in spring. The second sells the flowers that can be found in flower shops all over the world.
The flower fields you can enjoy in spring are mostly from flower farmers that grow flower bulbs. The flowers are not going to a flower shop at all. That’s why you can enjoy the colorful flowers a lot longer on the flower fields. The farmers that grow flowers are mostly located in big greenhouses where the flowers are not visible from the outside. In the greenhouses they can grow tulips and other flowers all year long. So they don’t depend on weather conditions in winter and spring.
Most of the flower bulbs farmers are located nearby Amsterdam. The greenhouses are also located in other parts of the Netherlands.
Below we will list some flower farmers. You can visit some of them or order there products on there webshops.
Flower Farms growing bulbs and / or flowers
- De Tulperij in Voorhout (30 minutes drive from Amsterdam) – This farm is originally a greenhouse and therefore a surprising and inspiring location. In Spring you can get a guided tour through the tulip fields of the farm and enjoy the great greenhouse. The farm has also opening hours in the July, August, September and October. You can see how the bulbs are getting ready for export and you can buy the fresh flower bulbs yourself. This tulip farm is also part of the organized tour from Tours & Tickets to Keukenhof.
- Oude Herenweg 16B – 2215 RZ Voorhout
- +31 6 – 42233291 (Anja)
- Kwekerij Siem Munster (45 minutes drive from Amsterdam) – This farm grows bulbs and flowers and is located in the North Amsterdam. Because this farm has a greenhouse it gives tours from December till the end of May. It’s amazing to see the tulips grow in the greenhouse during winter.
- Wierweg 7 – 1774 NH Slootdorp
- +31 6- 54325008
- Annemieke’s Pluktuin in Hillegom (30 minutes drive from Amsterdam) – Great farm for picking Spring and Summer flowers this farm is open during Keukenhof every day and from July until September on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Haarlemmerstraat 15a – 2182 HA Hillegom
- +31 6 – 53839979 (Annemieke)
- Floratuin in Julianadorp (70 minutes drive from Amsterdam) – Between the blossoming bulbflower fields of the two country-towns Anna Paulowna and Julianadorp, you’ll find “Floratuin Julianadorp”. In this magnificient floral garden of a 7000 m2 is a large assortment of exclusive and a new variety of blossoming bulbflowers on show. Floratuin is open all year and in the summer there are summer flowers
- Rijksweg 85 Julianadorp
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar