During the year there are many different flower events in Holland. From the events at Keukenhof Gardens, the flower parade, the activities at flower farms to helicopter flights above the flower fields. You can find it in our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Tulpenroute Dronten 2018
April 14 @ 8:00 am - May 5 @ 5:00 pm
The Flevoland tulip fields will blossom again in April. Tulpenroute Dronten will also start in this month. The preparations are now in full swing; They are working hard to expand the different routes.
This year tulip lovers from the Netherlands and abroad can admire the colorful fields walking, cycling and from the car. Tulpenroute Dronten is working even more closely with initiators in Zeewolde and Lelystad from this year on. ‘We are strengthening each other. Together we ensure that there is an even nicer and more versatile route along tulip fields in the polder ‘, says chairman Herman Vermeer.
Although the exact route is only announced in February, the volunteers already make a call to all residents of the country roads and other people involved. ‘Are you organizing an activity from mid April to the end of May and would you like to join this route? Then give it to us. ”
‘One of the goals of Tulpenroute Flevoland is to introduce people to the outskirts of Flevoland. We do this, among other things, by offering fun activities in the vicinity of the route. Everything is possible; from an open day, a workshop to a big event. We like to tell the visitors the story of our beautiful province, “says Herman Vermeer.
Last year Tulpenroute Dronten attracted 50,000 visitors. Foundation Tulpenroute Dronten has a challenge. She wants the event to grow, but people are aware that the visitors drive, cycle and walk in an area where farmers work very much during that period. ‘This means that we pay a lot of attention to road safety.’
The theme of this year is 100 years of Zuiderzee law. On 14 June 2018 it is exactly 100 years ago that the Zuiderzee Act came into force. A milestone for all provinces, municipalities and water boards that lie on or in the former Zuiderzee. The Zuiderzee Act is the beginning of the works that protect the heart of the Netherlands from the dangers and vagaries of the Zuiderzee. Without the Zuiderzee law, Flevoland would not have existed.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar