During the year there are many different flower events in Holland. From the events at Keukenhof Gardens, the flower parade, the activities at flower farms to helicopter flights above the flower fields. You can find it in our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Spring garden Breezand
March 1 @ 8:00 am - March 5 @ 5:00 pm
The Spring Garden in Breezand is one of the most populair (bulb)flower shows in The Netherlands. More than 40 flower bulb growers create a spectacular and colorful event. There is also a Spring Fair Expo and Agri Trade Fair during the Flower Show.
With an area of 1,800 m2 each year, hundreds of volunteers, contributors and sponsors are creating a beautiful flower show in the head of Noord-Holland. In five days time, over 20,000 visitors pass the gateways.
They enjoy an inspiring garden with the largest variety of bulbs, beautiful flower pieces and beautiful decorations. The permanent organizer of the Lentetuin Breezand, Martin Elling, is working out the show in detail.
Every year a spectacular theme is chosen. Spring will never be bored.
The enormous flower power at the Breezand Lentetuin takes many hours of effort. In the summer, more than half a year before the show, the flower bulb growers find the best bulbs. These get a special temperature treatment. Then the breeding process begins, very accurate work that is regulated with water, heat and light.
Everything must be bloomed exactly during the spring garden. A few days before the show, the contestants plant the bulbous flowers on the spring garden.
Every year the flower show has a special theme. In 2018 the theme will be ‘Underwater world’. Enjoy the flowers in a setting under the sea.
Price of tickets
You will have to pay an entrance fee to visit this flower show. Adult will have to pay € 6,50 and children between 4 and 12 year pay € 3,00.
Directions to Breezand
Are you in Amsterdam between the 1st and the 5th or March and you love to see blooming flowers you must visit the Spring garden in Breezand. You can visit the event by (rental)car of public transport. If you travel with public transport you have to travel to trainstation Anna Paulowna. From there there is a special busline that will take you to the event. Parking at the event is free.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar