Tulips are one of the most loved flowers in the world. Tulips are also the national symbol for Holland. But did you know that tulips are not original from The Netherlands?
Wanna know more about tulips? On this page we will post a lot of information about the history, present and future of the tulips.
We will also give information about the different Tulip farms in Holland. Some of the tulip farms are open for visitors during springtime and the sale of flower bulbs in Autumn.
History of the Tulip
If you have 5 minutes time you have too watch the video below. The video tells the history of the tulip in a very nice way. Learn more about the tulipmania and how the tulip became the Dutch national symbol.
Watch the history of the Tulip in this short animation made by the Amsterdam Tulip Museum.
More about tulips
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar